In its 2nd year, the Hack_D_Gap Global Challenge, launched in collaboration between GSMA’s Women4Tech programme and 4YFN, called for startups to submit their digital solutions that aim to promote and create gender diverse teams in an inclusive work environment within the mobile and tech industry.
Startups were invited to submit to two themes: “Innovative Tools for HR Management and Retention” and/or “Solutions for Learning, Coaching and Mentoring”; to enable businesses to promote and support the continuous professional development and personal growth of a diverse workforce.
We are extremely pleased to announce that six finalists have now been selected! The high quality and inspiring applications were submitted by startups spanning across 17 different countries from 5 continents, confirming the truly global relevance of this challenge.
Following an evaluation by a board of external experts, six startups will showcase their solutions in the Women4Tech startup corner, part of the Innovation Market at 4YFN Barcelona 2018, for the full three days. In addition they will also have the opportunity to compete on our main stage for this year’s winner of the Hack_D_Gap Global Challenge Finale 2018!
The finalists who will be joining us are:
- Cloverleaf (USA) develops stronger teams with data hidden in HR.
- Next Play (USA) offers companies personalised growth and mentorship for employees at scale.
- Pentasity (Spain) revolutionises global HR through a new paradigm called Human Tech.
- Wisar (Spain) offers a global platform for highly skilled and flexible talent.
- Fluttr (Spain) is a recruitment platform that sees beyond a CV and discovers true talent.
- Everlean (Germany) motivates employees and saves costs by allowing them to submit their suggestions and ideas via an app.
See them pitch live on stage to a panel of expert judges on Tuesday 27 February at 12:00!
The on-stage jury, moderated by Kimberly King (CSO GlobalTech; Board of Advisors, Wonder Women Tech) will include leading figures such as, Susanne Birgersdotter (Partner, Milky Way Capital).
Whilst the jury discuss and reflect over the winning application, Francesca Gabetti, CEO of TeamEQ and the winner of the 2017 Hack_D_Gap Global Challenge, will share TeamEQ’s vision for gender equality in the tech industry.
“It was a big boost in our internal trust as a team. It gave us a chance to grow and celebrate together. In the Hack_D_Gap competition, it’s not just about women, it’s about society. It’s about better living for the future, balance, opportunity and results.”
Francesca Gabetti, CEO of TeamEQ
Come meet the finalists in the Innovation Market as they exhibit their solutions across the full three days in the Women4Tech startup corner.
In addition to the Hack_D_Gap Global Challenge, GSMA and 4YFN have put together exciting Women4Tech activities that span the three days of 4YFN, such as:
Tuesday 27 February, 11:00hrs
Keynote speech followed by a panel discussion on: “Diversity: Driver of innovation and key to outperforming competition”
- Kimberly King, CSO GlobalTech; Board of Advisors, Wonder Women Tech
- Aline Santos, Executive Vice President for Global Marketing and Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Unilever
- Nimma Bakshi, PwC
- Doreen Bogdan Martin, ITU
Wednesday 28 February, 13:00hrs
Interactive Workshop on: “Grow Yourself, Grow Your Startup: 15 ways to Embody Conscious Leadership & Get Results” by Kim Arazi and Mariana Marquez from Metaspeech
We send our thanks to the external expert panel:
María López del Pozuelo (CEO, Womenalia & SWAN member), Pere Rosales (CEO, Inusual), Taryn Andersen (Investor Relations, THCAP Venture Capital) and Xavier Escales (CEO, Asics Iberia, Autor People First).