The IMPACT Growth Jury Day took place on 21 June in Madrid and was the pivotal moment whereby 44 finalist startups, out of a total of 1900 applications from 60 countries, fought to enter the exclusive list of which only 14 startups were selected for €100,000 in equity-free funding.
IMPACT Growth, the startup acceleration programme, led by FundingBox and ISDI and backed by 4YFN, leading accelerators, venture capital entities and global brands, has announced the names of 14 startups selected within its first open call, which was launched in February this year during 4YFN Barcelona 2017. Four months later, we can reveal the chosen ones….
SMART CONTENT (41%of applications) – supported by DOCOMO Digital
- GymCraft (Spain) connects any fitness device to its virtual reality exercise game platform through PC or mobile, and lets the user dive into exciting 3D online worlds.
- FASHION CLOUD (Germany) is the leading content exchange platform in the fashion industry
- com (Denmark) provides dynamic pricing for bus transportation
- YerbaBuena VR (United States) delivers next generation real-time 360 live streaming distribution platform for Virtual Reality optimized for any available bandwidth
- Clarity (Spain) is a SaaS tool to understand social impact of investment portfolios
SMART CITIES & INFRASTRUCTURE – supported by Ferrovial
- XapiX (Germany) makes it easy for developers to engage with open data to prototype smart city solutions.
- OS Vehicle (United States) bring Self-Driving for everyone
- Stratio Automotive (Portugal) turns automotive maintenance into an exact science, making the unpredictable predictable.
- Watcher (Denmark) is the digital hub for the connected family
SMART AGRIFOOD – supported by Danone
- Tellspec (Denmark) provides real-time nondestructive food analysis. Building Trust in Food
- Delsuper.es (Spain) delivers grocery shopping in 1h.
- Farm Dog (Israel) is keeping fields safe from pest and disease
SMART MANUFACTURING – supported by MADE
- Autonomous Manufacturing (United Kingdom) develops an enterprise cloud platform that automates production for industrial 3D Printing using AI.
- INSYLO (Spain) is an IoT Supply chain platform for the animal feed industry
As mentioned previously, these startups will receive, in the first stage, a minimum funding of €100,000 equity-free. In addition to the initial funding, two of the selected startups will each go on to receive a further €150,000 equity-free. The best startups selected by IMPACT Growth will also be able to access private financing of €1.5 million led by Kibo Ventures and Accelerace.
The selected startups will benefit from support by the FIWARE Foundation for the integration of this technology into the development of their projects. They will also participate in a training programme featuring international experts and entrepreneurs in Madrid, Copenhagen and Barcelona, plus gain access to an international network of over 100 esteemed mentors, founders and investors. Finally, the startups will participate in a range of international events organised over the course of the year by 4YFN and Mobile World Capital Barcelona.
The acceleration process, directed by ISDI and Accelerace, will officially launch during the second week of September, offering a week full of exclusive networking and training activities run by experts and innovation ecosystem leaders at ISDI’s headquarters in Madrid. This week will be the only part of the process whereby entrepreneurs are required to be onsite. The rest of the acceleration process will take place remotely, relying on a wide network of international mentors and participation at international events and missions.
IMPACT Growth is an initiative funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, with a total of €3.6 million for its initial phase. The second and in fact, the last call for startups, offering to fund and accelerate an additional 14 startups, will be launched by IMPACT Growth on 5 September 2017.
A jury for the Jury Day was comprised of renowned experts such as Sanyu Karani and Tomasz Mazuryk from FundingBox; Nacho de Pinedo and Rodrigo Miranda from ISDI; Peter Torstensen and Soren Lottrup from Accelerace; Aquilino Peña and Juan López from Kibo Ventures; Simona Torre from DOCOMO; Merete Norby from MADE, Pedro Jareño from Microsoft and Isabel María González from Danone, all of whom had the challenging task of selecting the best 14 out of a total of 1900 startups.
Well done to everyone involved!!
For more information on the next open call that is due to launch on 5 September, please visit IMPACT Growth’s website to enquire further on how to apply.