Onboard Ventures, an open innovation initiative of Ficosa and Idneo, in collaboration with 4YFN, opened its doors to invite early-stage and seed startups that offer solutions in the automotive industry, such as smart mobility and autonomous vehicles to apply to its discovery programme that closed on 4 April.
‘The objective of applying to Onboard Ventures is to bring clear and tangible support to your project. Ficosa and Idneo are the best in-class product development organisations in major verticals like automotive or industrial 4.0.’
says Edouard Rozan, Managing Director, Onboard Ventures.
‘Being in the Onboard Ventures family – continues Rozan – will give startups access to resources including: a commercial portfolio including car players and major industrial partners; development capacities (vehicle sensor data, hardware devices in the vehicle sensor data); a global office network in Barcelona, Lindau, Detroit, San Francisco and Shanghai; industrialisation and manufacturing capacities; advanced engineering projects and a great team of professionals.’
We at 4YFN are extremely thrilled to say in the 5 week open call, we received 75 entries from contestants spanning over 25 countries worldwide.
We would also like to mention the level of quality of the applications we received were unprecedented, which made it exceptionally difficult for our panel of judges from the Onboard Ventures team to pick the 10 finalists that would go onto exhibit with us in the 4YFN Mobility Village at Automobile Barcelona Connected Hub on 11-12 May 2017, Barcelona.
- MAPIT IOT (Barcelona) develops complete geo-localisation solutions.
- MARVELMIND ROBOTICS (Moscow) offers a precise indoor navigation system for autonomous vehicles and robots.
- PARKTAG (Berlin) helps cars find curbside parking spots automatically.
- GESTOOS (Barcelona) redefines human interaction through intelligent vision.
- CAPTE (Amsterdam) leverages a vehicle’s connectivity.
- COMODULE (Tallinn) offers IoT solutions for bicycle and scooter manufacturers.
- CARFIT (Portland) leverages car’s vibrations to revolutionise predictive maintenance.
- MYWHEELS (Warsaw) offers a driving assistant to make any car intelligent.
- ADVANCED NANOTECHNOLOGIES (Barcelona) offers an anti-fog solution for car windows, based on nano-coatings.
Well done to everyone that took part and applied! The finalists will be showing off their winning solutions from their booths located in the 4YFN area of the Innovation Square during the full two days. Plus, don’t miss the chance to see them pitch on stage from 10am on Friday 12 May!
Ficosa’s product portfolio highlights the main trending automotive topics, such as connected vehicles, autonomous and green driving. While Idneo is a multi-sectoral technology solutions partner. Idneo services include the design, development and manufacturing in automotive, medical devices and industry 4.0.
If you would like to attend the event and meet these innovative startups face-to-face, then visit us at the 4YFN Mobility Village at Automobile Barcelona Connected Hub on 11-12 May, Barcelona!
Information on how to purchase visitor passes can be found here!